Well, I can't believe it's already Friday! This week has just flown by, and I think it's because I've been so productive. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not tooting my own horn about how productive I am because I'm not usually like this. I do enough to get by, then I like to play. But the last couple of weeks I've had this organizing/de-cluttering bug going and I've loved it!!
One thing I've done that I love is to get rid of the shoe mess that piles up in the laundry room by the door to the garage. I saw this shoe rack at Costco that you can configure however you want. I made it tall and thin, and I put this in the corner just when you walk into the laundry room from the outside and I've LOVED it! Now the kids find their shoes easy, and there is no more big pile of shoes!
I don't know where the motivation or energy came from, but bring it on!! (No, I am NOT pregnant!) We cleaned out Ashley's room, and got that painted last Saturday!! (In between going to the kids 4 different sports games!!) I'll post pictures of her room as soon as we finish the chair rail in it. So then this week I've been working on kids clothes and baby stuff. Kelsey is just growing so fast and I can't keep up with the different sizes she's growing into! With 5 kids, the whole clothes rotation thing is a BIG job! I'll clean out a few of the kids drawers, and then feel like I'm in good shape, and then turn around and there is another kid whose drawer is oozing out clothes that don't fit! So, I think I'm almost done organizing kid clothes. Horay!! How is your kid clothes organizing going???
4 comments:
Love the shoe rack. We finally did that too, ours is from Ikea and is a bench which I love so the kids have a place to sit while putting on their shoes. I actually just sold some of the kids old clothes at childrens orchard today, Hooray for getting old stuff out of the house!!
I'm just getting ready to get into that job. I think you gave me the motivation I need.
I love the shoe rack. We're headed to Spokane tomorrow for a soccer tournament, maybe I'll have to make a detour to Costco!
Wow, you have been productive. Go Lori, go!. I put on of those same shoe rack things in my laundry room, too, except it doesn't hold shoes. I put things I have to do out of the house in the cubbies-like library books, stuff to take to my moms house, things I need to return to a store. Helps to keep things from getting lost on counters or in the car. Its great.
Great idea with the shoe rack! I'm going to see if Costco has any left. I'm looking forward to flip flop season--one pair for everyone that goes with everything, when they wear out we'll get you some more :)
Post a Comment