Well, after 3 months of training, the big day finally came last Saturday. Some friends and I were able to complete our 1/2 marathon, and it was great. I had done one 5 years ago, and didn't know if I ever wanted to do one again. About 3 months ago my friends Tiffany and Alice had talked about doing one, and I needed a goal to keep me running, so I said yes, and I'm so glad I did. Running is not really enjoyable to me, but I love how it makes me feel. I love the results I get from running, therefore I run. :)
Now to anyone reading this thinking that they could never do this, I used to be the same way. I've always hated running, and when I started I could barely run for 5 minutes. But you just take it one day at a time. Start with running for 5 minutes, then the next time do 6. Keep going, and then one day you realize you just ran 13 miles!!
6 comments:
amazing! i have NO desire to do this but think it is awesome you did it! great job!
Congratulations! I am so impressed!
like i keep saying you and your athletic ability are amazing to me...how fun to have a goal together...and i hope the latter end of your post is true, because one day i may just start running, i like the idea of taking it one minute at a time!
Good job!!! Its going to be so fun to run with you guys :)
You are an inspiration! Reading things like this inpire me to keep running on my treadmill. You look Great!
Sandy
Wow! Congratulations! I just ran a 5K for the first time & thought that would kill me! I'm really impressed!
Post a Comment