We had a great Halloween this year. I got to go to not one, not two, but THREE parties at school. (Thank goodness Jessica is old enough they don't do them with the parents anymore, or I might as well have lived at the school that day!) So, I started off the day with Kyle at his preschool. They ate treats and Kyle showed mom and dad what he does at school. He loved showing us the centers he does each day. His favorite is the cars and blocks, and we got to spend time playing those with him. (I forgot my camera at his, so Dave took some with his iphone I'll have to download later.)
Then it was off to Tyler's party at 12:30. They had some fun Halloween crafts, decorated cookies, and played bingo. It was fun seeing him with all his friends.

This was a cute spider hat they made at one of the centers. I love his big blue eyes in this picture!!

Then it was on to Ashley's party at 2:30. (Luckily they all happened to be at different times.) At Ashley's party they ate treats (check out the cool spider cupcake she made), made some fun crafts, and played games. Ashley was so happy she said because she got to eat so many treats! (She is our sugar girl!)

The kids all got to decorate these cool masks. I thought she did a great job, very sparkly!!

After dinner it was time to go trick or treating. Jessica was excited because she was invited to a Halloween party a couple of her friends were throwing. They met up and had dinner, went trick or treating, and played games. She had a great time and was really glad she went. She wanted to be a pirate, and I thought her costume turned out great.

Ashley didn't really have any preference of what she wanted to be, so when I found this costume at a garage sale, I had to get it for her. She has always loved pink, and I loved the pink and black hat with the hair! So, Ashley was our "diva" witch, and loved strutting her stuff.

Tyler wanted to be a ghost for Halloween. I thought it was a funny thing for a 6 yr. old to want to be. I was expecting a superhero or something like that, but no, he wanted to be a ghost. It was a pretty funny costume, and it was pretty hard to tell who he was with his mask on, but one look at those big, blue eyes and that gave it away!

Kyle was our fire fighter. Our neighbor Dave is a fire fighter, so he really liked this costume! Tyler wore it a couple of years ago, and it's always nice to be able to recycle costumes.

And last, our cute Kelsey was Tweety Bird, dressed like a pumpkin. I got this costume for Ashley when she was little, and I think every one of our kids has worn it! She didn't like to keep the hat on, but luckily she kept it on long enough to snap a couple of pictures.

Jessica had already gone to her party, but here are the four others. We thought it was pretty funny how Tyler blended into the door. And I LOVE Kelsey's face in this picture. I sure am going to miss this age as she gets older. She is so fun, and we really are enjoying her!

After the photo shoot, we went trick or treating around the neighborhood, and ended up at the Hunts house to visit with friends, while the kids watched a movie on their garage door. It was a great night, and fun to see friends all dressed up. Every one's kids looked so cute! The kids made out with lots of candy as usual, and now I'm trying to convince them how cool it would be to go to the dentist on Monday and sell their candy to them for $2/lb. Hopefully they agree!!
9 comments:
What a cute bunch! Isn't it weird that Jessica is old enough to go off with her friends? They are growing up so fast!
i love the spider hat, very creative.
Cute kids! I love that your girls look so cute and modest too! I saw some costumes that had me a little freaked last night. WOW, they are starting young!
I love the school parties too.The kids are always so fired up!
CUTE! and fun. what a great family you two have. I just love these blogs... :)
Cute!! I think is why I love Halloween ~ I love to see all the kids dressed up! Ü
Sounds like you guys had a fun Halloween! does your dentist really offer to buy the candy?
Your kids costumes are so cute.
Man, I remember all those school parties...
Good job on the marathon, I'm proud of you girls, I could never to that!!
Cute kids. . .with and without the costumes :o) So who's this dentist that buys the candy?
I guess I never commented on this post. Cute costumes! We also have a local dentist who buys candy, but we've never gone to do it. Did you?
Your kids are so cute! I loved coming and staying with you and your family. I'm excited to see you again for Christmas! Love ya!!
Post a Comment