I sure haven't been the blogger lately. I guess this time of year has got me pretty busy. Since my main purpose for blogging is to keep a journal/scrapbook of our family, I'll just try and post the highlights of the last month. I went to my pictures to see what to post, and there were way too many. So, I think I'll just put this post about Christmas Day, and go back later and post about our trip to California.
The kids were so excited for Christmas. They could hardly sleep the night before, but finally managed to fall asleep. We have a 7 am rule, and the kids were obedient, and came in our room right at 7 am. We have them wait in our room till we get our camera's ready, and then let them head out to see if Santa came. These are always my most favorite pictures of the day!

As you can see, they were quite excited to find that Santa had indeed come.

Ashley definitely got the prize for "most excited". She was a crack-up to watch!


And they hadn't even opened up any presents yet! I think the anticipation is the most exciting part.

Jessica was thrilled to have gotten an ipod. She had saved up all year to buy one, and then realized Christmas was just around the corner and she could ask for one for Christmas and then she wouldn't have to use all of her hard-earned money. She did go out after Christmas and buy an ihome for it, so that was exciting for her!

Ashley also got the prize for most unusual present. She had been wanting an overhead projector so she could play school with, and she was so excited when she found one under the tree! She loves that thing, and plays with it constantly.

Tyler had been tired of having to ask his sisters all the time to borrow their Nintendo DS, and was happy to have gotten one for his very own. I think he wore that thing out on our drive to California!

Kyle was so cute this year. He really didn't care what he was opening, as long as he was opening something. He had a great time unwrapping his presents, and was always looking for someone who needed help opening theirs.

And Kelsey, she loved the candy in her stocking the best. As you can see, Santa comes and touches the kids noses when he comes, so the kids all have black soot on their noses which lets them know Santa came!

After presents, we spent some time playing with toys, and then headed over to Grandma Lynna's and Grandpa Steve's for more presents and dinner. It was so fun to visit with everyone and hang out. Grandma made a YUMMY prime rib dinner, and we really enjoyed our Christmas together. It was a great year, and another year to remember how grateful we our for our Savior Jesus Christ and his life here on earth! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
4 comments:
Looks like it was a great Christmas! Glad we could hang out when you were here.
I just love Christmas and the excitement it brings.
That overhead projecter is a crack up! It is good to see everyone got what they wanted.
I've never seen such excited kids on Christmas morning...they must have seen some good presents under your tree!
I love love love that picture of ashley-priceless!!
Post a Comment