Saturday, May 16, 2009

Tyler's Hockey Camp

During the month of May, we signed Tyler up for an ice hockey camp our friends told us about.  The best part was it was completely FREE!  They loaned out all the equipment, and for all the Saturdays in May they ran a clinic for the boys.  
It was quite fun to watch these boys out on the ice with all their gear on.  It was quite the production to get ready for ice hockey.  Here is Tyler with his buddies Jaden and Ben.  (Tyler is in red.)
His favorite day was the last Saturday when they set up the goals and let them have "free play".  They set out a bunch of pucks for the kids, and Tyler loved scoring goals.  (It wasn't too hard to do with all the pucks out there.)  The funny thing was he kept track of every single puck he hit into the goal.  The first thing he said when he saw me after he was done was "Mom, I scored 47 goals!!"  He was so excited.  
This kid sure loves to play.  We hope his love of sports continues, and we love to watch him try new things.  He thought the hockey was fun, but wasn't interested in pursuing it anymore.  (Good thing since I think it's a pretty expensive sport to play.)  Good job, Tyler!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Let me know if there is a free clinic again, I think Jack might enjoy it and I'm all about free stuff!