Sunday, March 2, 2008

52 Blessings #9

Tomorrow is Dave's birthday so I thought this would be a great week to say how thankful I am for my wonderful husband!!!  I was one of the few lucky to have found my Mr. Right when I was only 13 years old.  Dave and I were High School sweethearts, and this year will be our "20th" Anniversary for when he asked me to "go with him".  (Remember how guys used to ask the girl to "go" with them?)  People always ask me how it lasted and how we got through High School and stayed together.  I always tell them it is because we have always been such great friends, and that is how we built our relationship from the beginning.  He is my best friend, and I'm so lucky to have married such an amazing man!!  There are MANY things I love about this man, and here are some of them....

Dave has such a wonderful spirit of adventure.  He is always up for anything.  He loves to do anything that involves the ocean. (surfing, snorkeling, boogie boarding, etc.)
Dave's dream is to live in Hawaii.  When we were in Hawaii last December, we met a couple who lived there, but were originally from the mainland.  They decided to retire there.  Dave kept talking about how cool that would be, and I kept telling him we couldn't live there because it would be way to far from the kids. :)
I love how active Dave is.  He loves to PLAY with the kids.  He's always out playing baseball with Tyler and Kyle, shooting hoops with Ashley, coaching Jessica in soccer, or rolling around on the floor with Kelsey.  He is such a fun dad and I know the kids love this about their dad!!!
Dave is very motivated.  He completed his 2nd marathon last October, and the amazing thing is that he did all the training for it on his own!!!  (I could never have done that!)  When he puts his mind to something, he just does it.  He is a hard worker, and I'm grateful he has such drive and determination!
Dave also knows how to relax and have fun.  Being with Dave has always been fun, and I've been so blessed to have had so much fun with him over the past 20 years!!  

Happy Birthday Dave!!!

11 comments:

Jenifer said...

20 years! Wow! You are lucky to have such a great guy! Happy birthday Dave!

Anonymous said...

how great that you could stay together through high school! that would be rough. i tried it....not good. but when it's right, it's right and there's no fighting it!!

great tribute to your husband! and happy birthday to him!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I did not know you had been together since you were 13! That's awesome. Great blessing. I'm sure Tom is wondering why I haven't had him as a blessing yet. I will just not yet!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

What a wonderful love story! A good husband is a great blessing and you seem to have chosen a great guy! :) Here's to many more years with your man!

Amy said...

20 years? That is awesome! I didn't know that you had been together for so long either. Great tribute to Dave. Happy Birthday Dave!

I was raised in a barn said...

Wow! What a fun/cute post! 20 years is pretty amazing. You guys are a cute couple and have a darling family.

The Riggs Family said...

I learned something new about you guys. I had no idea you were High School sweethearts. That is awesome... Happy Birthday!

Shelly said...

Happy 20 years! That is fabulous! Cody and I were High School sweethearts and this march marks are 8th year of "getting together!" Dave really is such a great guy, and all the things you were saying about Dave I would have to ditto them about Cody! No wonder why they work so well together!!! :)

Melody said...

High School sweethearts, huh? That's so fun. I'd love to see your prom pictures sometime :)

sara said...

i love his hang loose in the underwater picture...you can see his funness just by that picture alone...you are definitely meant for one another!

Crystal said...

Yikes, that wore me out just to SEE the pictures of him doing all those things!!! What does he eat to have all that energy??? :)