
Well, I had been bragging about what great shoppers my two youngest have always been. It really wasn't bad taking them places like Costco or Target. Kyle would sit so nicely in the cart, and once and a while I'd have to feed them food and stuff, but they were usually so good. Well, not anymore. My time is up and now it's double payback!! The last couple of weeks, Kelsey has learned how to make that very high pitched scream sound when she is mad. It's like she just discovered this and uses it ALL the time. And Kyle refuses to sit in the stroller/cart anymore and wants to walk, and TOUCH everything! Well, yesterday I really wanted to go to Bed Bath and Beyond to look at their rods and curtains for my two sliding glass doors. I thought it wouldn't be too bad, but boy was a wrong! The kids were fine in the stroller as I walked to find the section I wanted, but once I got there and the guy started to help me, it was all down-hill from there. Kyle kept touching Kelsey, and she kept letting out that high pitched scream. Not to be outdone, Kyle joins in and the two pretty much didn't stop crying from there on out. I tried everything as I was talking to the sales associate, tic tacs, Altoids, I even let Kyle hold my purse, which was a bad idea. As I was talking to the guy, he had gotten my wallet and started taking out my credit cards. The guy says "you want him doing that?" I looked over and yelled at him to stop. I grabbed my wallet back and noticed my American Express card was gone. Oh great. So the guy starts getting on his hands and knees and looking around all over the floor and behind all the curtain displays. I started to panic and looked all over, too. After about 3 minutes, while the kids are still both screaming, I am horribly embarrassed by the whole mess and tell the guy he's welcome to get back to helping another costumer or whatever he needs to do. I'm sure he's happier than ever to leave me to my crying kids and my lost credit card, and informs me if I'd like to come back later that night without the kids he'd be happy to help me some more. He actually was quite nice about the whole situation, and informed me he had four boys himself, the oldest of which was four, so he was used to the crying. (Thank goodness he was so nice about it!) I was still really embarrassed and quickly left the store, but not really wanting to cuz I still couldn't find my card!! But luckily after I buckled my screaming kids back into the car, I found the missing card behind my drivers license. Kyle had put it back, he just decided to hide it. Thank goodness I found it. So, needless to say my kids are paying me back for the past year of being so great at shopping, and I think I'll spend the next year NOT shopping with them!!
6 comments:
Shopping with kids is no fun! Sorry you had such a bad experience. We should plan a shopping trip on a saturday sometime so we can go without the kiddies!
Nice. I remember Kelsie screaming on Sunday! It is no fun to shop when they are that age. At least you had the employee that would understand. Imagine 4 under 4?
Thank goodness for co-op. During the summer Jessica and Ashley will probably be great babysitters. lived through a few tantrums myself and I am sure those days are not over. Alice
i'm not sure about the bachelor yet he gets rid of so many so fast! i'm still deciding- do you have a fav?? i'm super excited about ER although i'll be so lost! did you see the new csi this week??
That does not make me very excited to start shopping with two by myself! Zac can be hard on his own, so who knows what it'll be like. Yikes!
i remember those days....actually i feel like sometimes we still have them....sorry, i feel your pain and embarassment!
Post a Comment