Well, we've been busy over here, hence I've not blogged for a while. Instead of doing too much catch up, I'll just post on one of the fun things we've gotten to do. We've been busy with kids activities, church callings, and all the other things life throws at you, and I keep thinking after this event it will be less crazy, and then there is always something else right after that. I really hoped to take this spring off from sports for the kids, but they talked me into letting them do it. (I'm such a push over!!) Dave keeps complaining about how crazy our life is, and I keep saying "I told you we should have taken this season off!" So, next time I feel impressed to take some time off from all the craziness, I'm sticking to my guns!! No talking me into it next time! (I'm trying to convince myself I can be strong in this....)
So, when Dave was off with the Young Men on the Triathlon last weekend, the kids and I decided to try out our pool. The kids started out with just their bathing suits on, but the water was still too cold, so they ended up with their wet suits on.
Tyler didn't want much to do with the cold water, and decided he was done after one quick dip in the water. I begged him to do a jump for the camera, but he wouldn't brave the cold again.
Kyle did put his feet in the water, but that's about it. And Kelsey, I didn't even bother to put her suit on because I knew she would hate the cold water. So she just chilled in the backyard with us. She is such a cutie, and I can't believe she's almost walking. (She can take a couple of steps, but then falls. Another month and she'll probably be walking all over. The funny thing is she is my earliest crawler, and my latest walker! Go figure.)
So, needless to say, the kids can't wait for the summer, and for our pool to get warm!! (Too bad we can't have a warm pool, and not so hot summers! Oh well.)
4 comments:
Brave kids to go in a cold pool!
Love the wet suits...smart!
Pool season already? Where did the time go? Very brave of Jessica to jump in, even in a wet suit!
you are such a fun active mom....i love the top picture of them all just grinning on the ledge
Post a Comment