Thursday, July 10, 2008

Family Reunion

I am definitely having to play catch up since I haven't posted for a few weeks.  We are enjoying our summer, and I'm enjoying the time I'm spending with my kids.  It's been so hard to find time to blog this summer.  I'm hoping to be better.........

At the end of June, we had the opportunity to go to a family reunion in Utah with the Sherman family.  My parents and six of the seven siblings were able to attend, along with 19 of the 23 grand kids.  It was a blast, and a big thank you to my brother Jeff and his wife for hosting this year.  We went to Heber Valley Girls Camp up in Heber, and it was beautiful!!  (They use it as a girls camp all week, then rent out cabins to families for reunions for the weekend.)  

Here we all are, minus a couple of napping babies.  I thought we did pretty good for as many kids as there were!!
We thought this would be a fun pictures, but some of the kids were so tired, they weren't very cooperative.  The cabins were nice with about 16 bunk beds in them.  We had three cabins rented out, and the kids loved hopping from cabin to cabin, and climbing on all the beds.  
There was this pretty lake, and we all went out in paddle boats.  It was so funny because everyone was paddling around taking pictures of everyone.  I think between all of us, there were at least 200 pictures taken out on the lake!!
Even though it was windy, Dave, Jessica, and my brother-in-law Ben took out a canoe.  They had a great time.
After the lake, we took a fun little hike around the lake.  Kelsey fell asleep in her sling, and slept through the whole hike!!  The place was beautiful, and I highly recommend staying there!  They also had a challenge course, including a big zip-line at the end that all the kids even got to do.  It was great!  

Highlights of the trip included:  Eating roasted s'mores, dutch oven peach cobbler, pizza and games at Jeff's work (which had a huge basketball court, ping pong table, pool table, movie theatre, showers which felt so good after camping, even though the curtain rod fell down on me and exposed my very naked body to my sister and sister-in-law!), playing games late into the night, cousins sprawled out sleeping all over the house, Dave backing our car into a fire hydrant(ok, maybe that wasn't a highlight, but very memorable!), reminiscing about college while taking the kids up on campus at BYU, buying gummy candy for CHEAP at the BYU bookstore, eating at Tucanos (I had never been there before, and boy was it YUMMY!)

It was so great being with family, and I'm so glad we were able to do it!  Thanks again Jeff and Roberta, and I can't wait till the next one!!! 

No comments: