I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. On one hand, I think about how young he is. (He doesn't turn 3 till next month.) I've never sent a kid to school so young. And it's EVERY day. I've never done a preschool EVERY day. I've been nervous about the whole thing, but the more I talk to people who have had their kids in this program, the more I am comforted. I hear it is great for the kids, and that it really helps them. So, I am excited for him to improve his speech and be able to communicate with us better. He was so excited to go today. He sees his older sisters and brother go to school every day, and now it is his turn.
I dropped him off, and my friend happened to be there. I asked her what she was doing there, and she said she was subbing for preschool. She just happened to be subbing for Kyle's class! So, that was kind of fun. I grabbed a camera when I was heading out the door to take a picture, but the kids had just used it and changed something on it, and it was acting all funky, and the color was all weird. So, when I go pick him up, I'll have to bring my good camera and get a picture for the blog...... I'll be back!!!
So, I just got back, and he did great. He thought it was fun, and wants to go back tomorrow, so that's a good sign. The teachers all said he did great, and adjusted well. That was nice to know. He fell asleep in the car on the way home. I guess this preschool thing is hard work! :) So, I think this will be a good thing. I can't wait to see how much he learns!! (And it was also really nice to have a couple of hours of quiet time with Kelsey napping and Kyle at school. Now I am thinking of all the things I've been wanting to do around the house, but haven't had the time for. Oh the possibilities!!!!!!)
9 comments:
Did you get him into the afternoon prograrm? Hope he had fun.
Meant to say - program.
My kids are big? Kyle is almost 3?!!! It really is insane how fast they grow up. Is he at Ashland Ranch for this pre-school program? You really do have some free time---I'm sure you could think of all sorts of fun things to do and it better not be cleaning!!!
Yeah! Bailey went to meet her preschool teacher today and I am excited to have 1 less for a few hours too! Yep, the possibilities!
And...next year Grace will go to preschool, Bailey to kindergarten then wow...1 kid!
I bet Kyle will love it. My cousin was just saying a few days ago how one her kids went for speech delay and it was fantastic and she was sad her littlest one doesn't qualify for the program. Sounds great!
Wow! What will you do with all that time???? I'm glad he will get the extra boost he needs. I love all the programs out there to help our kids!
Does he like it???
Both Noah and Lucas went 4 days a week through the school district. I couldn't have been happier with the program.. And they LOVED it!! Happy to hear that he had a great day!
I love having possibilities! I am so excited for you and Kyle!
He is getting so big! Enjoy your time! I am sure this school will be the best thing for him.
Post a Comment