For spring break this year, we didn't really have any plans. We usually go to California and this year we decided to stick around here. I have a hard time not going ANYWHERE for the break, so I made reservations through Priceline to stay at a hotel in Tucson for a night. We had never been there, and had a few things we wanted to do, so we decided to get away.

We stayed at the
JW Marriot there in Tucson, and they had some fun hiking trails by the hotel. We took the kids on a short hike, and it was fun to see all the cactus in all the hills. It was really pretty.

Dave got to carry Kelsey and she loved it. Kyle kept saying he wanted to go back to the hotel. I should have brought a carrier for him!

We had a great time at the pool. They had a lazy river and a water slide they even let the little ones go down. It got a little overcast and windy while we were in the pool, but it was still fun.

The next day we headed over to
Kartchner caverns and it was AWESOME. Those caves are amazing and I highly
recommend it to anyone. The kids thought it was really cool being in a mountain, and seeing all those amazing formations. No cameras allowed so we didn't get any pictures there.

Then we decided since we were already down that way, we'd check out Tombstone. We'd never been there either and it was fun to see the little town, but there wasn't that much to do that didn't cost money. We did eat lunch at this place where you could sit and watch a gun fight. The kids thought that was kind of fun, but we did have to explain to them how the guns weren't real, never play with guns, and all that fun stuff. Kyle hated the noise the guns made. I told him that was good because guns are BAD! Hopefully I scared him enough.

After the show the kids went down on the set and got a picture. It was fun to see Tombstone once, but I'm not dying to go back there anytime soon.
We had a great time, and I would definitely go back to Tucson and stay at this place. I told Dave next time we'll have to come there with just us. There was golf and a nice spa, I could have spent some good relaxation time there.
It was nice feeling like we had a family vacation without all the drive time we usually have.
3 comments:
hey lori, i loved catching up on your family happenings! and sweet sport court! i haven't played since yw and it's just as well as wasn't very good! :)lol. you guys look great, please pass that on to your hubby.
I love Tucson! All of my elementary school years were spent there. You'll have to go to the Oracle Caves sometime too. They aren't as far as Tucson and are really fun to hike around in.
Looks like you guys have been having fun! Good job on the race you ran, Lori! Happy Easter!
Post a Comment