Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jessica's 12th Birthday at Disneyland

We just got back yesterday from spending two days at the happiest place on earth.  It was a great trip, and even more special since Jessica was able to spend her 12th birthday at Disneyland.  She even got a gift card from Disneyland for $69 that she could spend on whatever she wanted at the shops.  She was nice and shared a little with Ashley and Tyler since they wouldn't get the chance to be there on their birthdays.
Here is the birthday girl.  I can't believe she is 12 years old!  Time flies.  She is growing up into quite the young women, and I'm so proud of the person she is.  I tell her all the time, but I hope she truly knows how wonderful she is.  
It was pretty funny how Kyle had to stick his arms out like his big sister did in her picture.  He sure looks up to his older brother and sisters, and wants to be just like them.  Good thing they are such good examples for him.
It's pretty scary to think she will actually be doing this in 14 years.  Good thing it's still a ways off!
We waited in a short line, and was able to have our own special time with Mickey.  Kelsey wanted NOTHING to do with him, and screamed the whole time.  As you can see she is trying to get as far away from him as she can.  It was pretty funny.  She did not like ANY of the characters she saw.
Dave's brother Jeff and his family met us at Disneyland and the kids loved hanging out with their cousins.  These are the girls waiting for everyone to get off of Space Mountain.  Kyle had never been on that ride and was tall enough, so we took him on it.  It was the first ride of the day, and he was so excited.  Well, he got a little scared on the ride, and after he didn't want to go on any more rides.  Luckily we convinced him to go.  Every ride we had to reassure him it was a "happy" ride, and not dark and scary.  I guess we should have waited till later on in the day to do the fast, dark ride!
My sister lives close to Disneyland so we stayed a night with her.  She was able to join us both days, and we had fun hanging out with her and her kids.  She is a trooper going with her three little ones, and little baby she would wear on her chest all day!  Thanks for coming along with us, Denise!  It's always so fun to see you!
Here are my handsome boys!  Tyler was excited because he was finally tall enough to ride the Maliboomer in California Adventure.  He loved it and luckily the lines were short they were able to do it a few times.
As we were leaving, Tyler asked to have his picture taken in front of the big "A".  The girls kept asking him why he wanted his picture taken in front of the "A".  He said "because there isn't a 'T'!"  Makes sense.  I think the "A" is a pretty cool letter myself.  We went over to get a picture and sure enough there was a line of 2 or 3 people waiting to get their picture taken in front of the "A".  I guess it really is a popular letter........

And if you haven't had the chance to go on a roller coaster in a while, go ahead and click on the video below.  This was taken by Dave on the California Screamin' ride.


9 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun way to spend a Birthday. I loved the roller coaster video. That is the only way that I will experience the California Screamin' ride!

esherman10 said...

Looks like Jessica had a great birthday and all of you had a fun trip!

Jenifer said...

I wanna do this for MY birthday! Very fun! I'm excited to have Jessica in Beehives!

Mark and Karen said...

What a fun birthday! Just hearing the video is great...loved it!

Lori said...

Glad you had a fun time! The kids loved that video on the roller coaster! Happy Birthday, Jessica!

The Reese's said...

How fun for her to go to Disneyland on her 12th Birthday! Looks like you all had a great time!

The Wiser Side said...

what a great birthday present!!! and even better parents for taking her out of school for it!

dnbwilkesfamily said...

Thanks for letting me share all the fun with you. It was good to see you! I love you!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I love Disneyland! So glad you could have a great time! And $69? to spend from Disneyland? never heard of that but WOW! And I love your cute red and white paper with cherries!