Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Oh No! A leak!




Well, about a week ago, we noticed our carpet was really wet by the shower. We lifted up the carpet and found a bunch of water on the floor. Water was leaking from somewhere, but we weren't sure where. So the plumber came out yesterday and found the leak. It was on the pipes where the bath faucets come out. He showed it to me and I could see this little stream of water squirting out all over the drywall. I wonder how long it had been leaking. Probably a while, I guess you never know what's going on behind those walls. So he fixed the leak, and today the disaster people came out. You can see from the pictures they had to rip out the shower to get to all the water damage. In the process, they had to cut away the carpet, it had been damaged, too. So, I guess we are remodeling our bathroom. The good part is that we've been talking about doing it someday. We think our shower is much to small, and I'd love a bench in it, and our bathtub is really shallow. This makes us just move along in the process much sooner than we thought. So now we need to look around and get ideas for what we want to do. Of course the insurance only covers the basics of what we had before, so we'll definitely be pitching in the extras, but the nice thing is that they'll cover some. I'm excited to have a new bathroom, but not excited to try and pick everything out. I just want someone to get an idea of my tastes, and then come in and do it themselves. Then I'll walk in and say "Oh it's so wonderful!!" (Kind of like in the Extreme Makeover Home Edition, wouldn't that be cool....) So, I guess we'll be taking some trips to "The Great Indoors" and hopefully we'll figure out something good. In the meantime, it's a good thing we have another bathroom to use, huh?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Hmmm, I'm wondering how I can get some house improvements. Having a leak in the bathroom worked well for you! Have fun with your new project! Hopefully it won't take too long!

Erin said...

I want a bathroom makeover too. I guess it would be dishonest to sabotage the plumbing, blast! Have fun creating the perfect bathroom. I hope you'll post pictures when its done.

I was raised in a barn said...

looks like GREAT things come from bad things! Can't wait to see pictures when its done :)

Tiffany said...

Okay, first of all... Amy, what home improvements are you going to make??! ...with you in your brand new-perfect house!! Ü

...and Lori, what a hassle!! I hate it when stuff like that happens. I don't like to make those decisions either- and dealing with all the workmen and stuff stinks! ...but as always you've managed to look on the bright side! You'll have to for sure post your "after" pictures!

Amy said...

I know I'm terrible Tiffany, but even when you are in a new home, there is always something you would want differently. :)

sara said...

I am so not in a new home and I would absolutely love to remodel not only my bathroom but half my house...although the whole lotta mess sometimes is tricky but if you can keep the light at the end in your mind its all so worth it, I took look forward to the pictures!