Friday, September 28, 2007

The "Egg"speriment

So, I'm still trying to post pictures, and it's still not working for me. I don't know what the deal is. In the meantime, I had to tell a funny story from the kids last night.
Jessica came home from school yesterday and kept saying she wanted an "egg" baby. I asked her what that was and she said she read in a book (she loves to read) about this girl who had to take care of an "egg" for a school assignment, and not let it break. (Kind of like simulating how it would be to take care of a baby.) She kept insisting she wanted to take care of an "egg" baby, and I had visions of yucky egg yolk getting all over my house. So I told her she could "hard boil" some eggs and use that. She was thrilled. Her and Ashley cooked up their "babies" and made little beds, booster seats, and all kinds of stuff for their new babies. Tyler decided to join in on the fun and take care of one, too. So they are feeding their new "egg" babies at dinner, and taking such good care of their new little ones.
The weather was so nice, we decided to go for a walk/bikeride with the kids. The kids strapped their eggs into little carriers, and proceeded to ride their bikes. As we were riding, Tyler's egg popped out of his carrier, and cracked on the ground. Oh No, what to do. I knew he'd be sad, and he was at first, but then I started laughing about how he was lucky because he could eat his egg now. He was hungry, and thought that was a pretty cool thing. So I peeled his egg and he ate it. Well, Jessica was appalled. She called Tyler a cannibal, and said that he was being "cannibalistic". (Dave was impressed she knew this word, and actually wondered how she had learned it. All that reading I guess.) Tyler didn't care, as his egg tasted pretty yummy to him. Well, later on in our ride, we had stopped. Jessica was holding her egg and kissing it, and accidentally dropped it. It was pretty funny. She was being all melodramatic about her "poor egg baby", and laughing at the same time. She said she was going to get an F- on her "project". Then Tyler said the cutest thing. He said "Oh no! Jessica is going to get an F-, and I'm going to get a G!!!" I was busting up so hard, I loved his thought process on that one!! Well, needless to say, Jessica did give in, and ended up eating her egg, too. (And I think Ashley ended up eating hers as well.)

6 comments:

Jenifer said...

That is such a funny story! Your kids are a hoot. What a good mom to let them carry eggs all over. I'm glad they weren't too traumatized by the accidents!

Erin said...

How funny! I had to do that for school once and did not find it as fun as your kids did. There were no walks with the egg or feeding it at dinner time. You are such a good mom, I don't know if I'd let my kids do it.

Tiffany said...

Lori that story is hilarious! I love your posts- they always get me laughing... you are such a great mom and have such fun kids (with great imaginations! Ü) I had fun tonight! Thanks again!!

Mark and Karen said...

Way too funny!!!

I was raised in a barn said...

lori-sorry I will call you on Monday. It was a crazy/super busy weekend :)

Unknown said...

What an AWESOME story! That made me laugh out loud! CUTE kids, I can't believe how they've grown. It seems like I was just in your ward!!

It was great to see you last night too. I love those kinds of things for that very reason!