Monday, October 1, 2007

Living In the Momment

Well, I can't believe another weekend has flown by. This past weekend was nothing special, but it was a good one. (I really enjoyed Womens Conference!!) Do you ever go through your day waiting for the next part to happen? You go from one thing to the next, without ever really enjoying the momment you're in? Well, I do that a lot, and as I get older, I'm realizing life is just flying by, so I'm really trying to enjoy each momment. I remember when I was newly married with just one or two little ones and I would wake up each morning wondering how I was going to pass my time that day. (go to the library, go to the mall, be lazy around the house, clean, whatever) I was able to be much more spontaneous. But I often remember feeling like if I could just get to Christmas, or only 2 more months till our vacation. I would often look to the future, and not enjoy the momment I was in. With 5 kids now, life is a little more crazy, but I find myself really trying to get happiness in what is going on around me at this time, not in what is going to happen. Am I making any sense?? I guess I've been thinking alot about this lately with Kelsey growing so quickly. I know how fast it goes, and I'm really trying to enjoy all those little phases she's going through. She is such a good baby and I'm so thankful for her. (Look at that smile! Doesn't it just make your heart melt?!)
So, instead of dreading the teaching your baby how to eat, and having to feed them with a spoon every meal, I'm really trying to enjoy the process. Granted, when the other kids are screaming because they're hungry, or fighting over a toy, and Ashley needs help with her piano, and dinner needs to be made, it is hard to find the "joy" in the momment, but I'm really trying. I love being a mom and am grateful I have these kids to take care of. I know it's going to go by to fast, and I encourage everyone to "live in the momment"!!!!

8 comments:

Jenifer said...

Such cute pictures! You are so right. Thanks for the reminder. I really need to cherish each moment. People tell you that your kids grow up fast, and then one day you wake up and you have a 10 year old. Enjoy them!

Erin said...

Kelsey is so cute! Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the moment. I am like you used to be looking to the next big thing rather than enjoying each day as they come. I really should try to be better.

Amy said...

So true! Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany said...

I love this post Lori! Those pictures of Kelsey are absolutely precious!!! I love what you were talking about... right now I'm in a combination of wanting time to go quickly (so I can be done being pregnant) and wanting time to go more slowly (wondering how in the world I'm going to handle three kids)... I guess the answer is (like you said)to just take each day and moment as the precious gift it is- look for the good and not worry about the future. Thanks! Ü ...you're awesome!

Melody said...

Yes, enjoy those moments. I think time is going by quicker lately. I just went to upload some pictures of my camera for my new blog and realized I didn't take one all of September. That is so unlike me. I blinked and the month was over. I was teasing Elaine the other day and said I was going to stop watering her as she's growing too fast and I want her to stay little.

I was raised in a barn said...

she is so cute- Love this post!

sara said...

you hit the nail on the head with this one...love it!!!

Crystal said...

Such cute pics, Lori. Thanks for the reminder.