We had a great Easter this year. We were lucky and had family come into town. My brother Matt and his wife Eleisha came with their two boys, and we had a great time with them. They hadn't been to the Easter pageant before, so they came out and we were able to go. It was great, as usual, and we enjoyed spending time on the temple grounds. We also did lots of fun things, including going to Makuto's Island, visiting the zoo, hunting for eggs in the dark, and playing in the backyard. We were so glad they could come visit. We love visitors, and don't get them enough!
After church on Sunday we went in the backyard for our annual Easter family picture. Kyle was not in the mood, and we finally convinced him to look at the camera, even though he would not take his head off my shoulder. Oh well.

I think this is the sweetest picture of Tyler with Kelsey. He is such a great big brother to her. He loves to play with her and make her laugh.

This one turned out great, too. I know Jessica and Kelsey will treasure this picture when they are adults. I love the pictures of me with my siblings when we were younger. Having two wonderful sisters myself, I know how special sisters are! I'm thankful my girls have each other!

Another fun sibling picture. I think Ashley was playing with a beach ball, and we didn't get many pictures of her with her siblings. Next time......

We also spent some time coloring Easter eggs. The kids made some pretty colorful ones, and we enjoyed eating deviled eggs for the rest of the week. :)

Tyler's face cracks me up in this one. What a goof ball. Tyler loves to make people laugh.....

Zac and Kyle LOVED playing together all weekend. It's fun having cousins the same age.

Kayden loved being pulled around in the wagon. It got a little tiring, so Kyle was kind enough to help out!

And we thought it was pretty fun that we found this in our backyard on Easter morning. My sister-in-law Eleisha said "Oh look, there is the Easter bunny in the backyard" and of course I thought she was joking. Then as the kids started gathering around the window, I said "You're joking, right?" And sure enough, she wasn't joking. The rabbit was hanging out in the backyard. The kids thought this was the coolest thing, and put out some carrots and lettuce for it. That thing hung out in our backyard all week. Ashley and I tried to catch it for fun (really I was trying to scare it away so it would never come back) and luckily it worked. The rabbit ran faster than I could have imagined, and scooted under the fence, and we haven't seen it since! (I'm not a pet person. I don't even want a stray bunny hanging out in my backyard pooping and eating my grass!)

It was a great Easter, and we are always grateful for the chance we have to reflect on the atonement, and the great gift that is in our lives!
2 comments:
That's so great about the bunny! Love the pictures of everyone in their Easter best. My family was being a bunch of whiners about the sun in their eyes so I just got a quick one of the kids.
How fun that you saw the Easter bunny! Your kids are so cute! and getting so big.
Love your new blog background. Hey saw that Joe's free day is coming up-can I meet up with you and Kari again? It's tradidtion now! ;o)
Post a Comment