
Well, we finally got a splint put on Kyle's leg. The orthopedic surgeon couldn't take him till Tuesday, so we're waiting till then to get the cast put on. It's been two days now, and Kyle is starting to understand that he can't get around like he is used to. Yesterday he would just lay around crying because he'd try and crawl or move around, and then he would hold his leg and say "Oweeeee!!" It was really sad. Today he is doing better. As you can see from the picture he is definetely more tired. He hasn't been sleeping as well with the leg, and wakes up every couple of hours crying in pain. If I'm right there with him, he calms down and goes back to sleep. The first night was bad because we kept having to go in his room to help him. Finally, last night was better because I just slept in his room next to him, and he did much better.
This experience has really made me grateful for the health our family has. This is sad, but it's just a broken leg, and his bone will heal. I was carrying him around thinking how hard it would be if it was a permanent thing and he couldn't ever walk. I'm so grateful for my healthy kids!!
1 comment:
That WAS so sad to see him moaning on the ground, not able to move around... poor thing! Thanks for the good perspective on the health of your family! Things like that really do make you think...I guess we really do take a lot forgranted, don't we?? I get so bugged with even colds or common sicknesses... but it could be a LOT worse! Hope Tuesday comes fast!
Post a Comment