Friday, September 21, 2007

Kyle Turns 2!!

Today was Kyle's 2nd birthday and it was a fun one. (It's pretty easy to please a 2 year old.) Since it wasn't a school night, the kids wanted to put up the big tent in the family room and sleep in it. Kyle thought it was the coolest thing to play in the tent.

Here he is with his new pajamas from Grandma Susie. As you can see he still has his cast on, but it's not really slowing him down anymore.



For his birthday we got him this little plastic golf set from Wal-Mart and a Little People car garage. He carried this little golf set around all day. It was the cutest thing. It was from Wal-Mart for $3.00 on clearance. (I told you it's easy to please a 2 year old.) The clubs kept falling apart, but a little tape and it was good as new. He kept trying to use the clubs as a bat, but finally figured it was easier to hit the ball when it was on the ground. Kyle is definitely our ball guy. Give him a ball and he's happy for hours.


Things we love about Kyle:

How he gets so excited when you come home from something, and he gets a big grin on his face and runs right up to you and wraps his arms around your legs.

When he's eating and he keeps patting the chair next to him for you to come sit by him.

How every morning when I'm putting lotion on my legs, he puts his hand out for me to give him some so he can rub it on his legs.

His playfullness. Get down on the floor with him and he'll play for hours.

His love for his baby sister. He's constantly trying to play with her, talk to her, love her, and climb all over her. (I often find him laying on top of her saying "Hi Kelsey!") Hopefully he'll learn to be a little softer soon......

His constant need to be in motion. I don't think I've ever seen a kid move so much. He doesn't know how to sit still. (It's been a little easier to read a book to him since he broke his leg, but not much.)

His no-fear attitude. He'll jump off couches, chairs, even our big waterfall into the pool. (We make sure someone is there to catch him, of course...) His Uncle has nicknamed him "Crash" because he's always crashing into everything. He is one tough kid.

We're so lucky to have Kyle in our family. Happy Birthday Kyle. We love you!!!!!






6 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun birthday. I just love it when they are small and every little thing you do is the greatest ever. I am so glad Kyle isn't letting his cast slow him down. Happy Birthday Kyle!

P.S. Love the Diego jammies, he is a very important character at our house these days.

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Kyle! Time flies, doesn't it? I'm so glad they are easy to please at this age. Parker is a ball guy too, so I think this birthday will be an easy one for us too :)

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

How fun. It is easy to please a 2 year old! Those days are gone for me and I have a soon to be 4 year old with a wish list a mile long!

Shelly said...

That birthday party looks pretty sweet. You seriously have such a cute family!!

sara said...

ok I love the first picture of your kids, they all look like they love and like each other so much...i know my kids love each other its the liking part i sometimes am unsure about...and oh how I love a $3 gift even if you have to bandage it after a bit!!!

I was raised in a barn said...

That's weird, haven't heard of any problems :0 It was fun having Kyle at my house today. Happy birthday kyle!