


It's finally here, and the kids are excited!! Tyler has been waiting for this day for a couple of years now. With the girls in soccer for the past 3 years, Tyler has been begging to play. We weren't as excited about it, knowing we'd have 3 in soccer, so we told Tyler he had to wait till he was 5 to play. So he finally got his wish and played in his first soccer game yesterday. They are the "Scooby Blues" and won their first game. He did great, and as you can see from the pictures, he loved being out there and was not afraid to get in there and kick the ball. It was so cute because the week before when he got his uniform, he carried it around with him, and couldn't wait to show everyone. He is definetely ready for this. Jessica and Ashley also had games and are glad to be playing again. I'll post their pictures after future games. So now we have the three oldest in soccer and hopefully we survive the season. It gets tricky as your kids get older and their involved in all their activities. I always said I was never going to be one of those crazy moms that drive their kids to a million different things. I enjoy keeping my life simple, and not complicating things. But you do want your kids to have life experiences, so I guess you have to find the right balance. We have Jessica and Ashley taking piano, and they are enjoying that. What I've decided is that they can pick one activity to do, besides the piano. It's worked out pretty good, and we still manage to eat dinner together for the most part. (Which has always been important to me since that is the one time you can all gather together as a family and talk, even though it does seem to be the craziest part of the day.) I love that the kids enjoy playing sports. As most of you know, we definetely enjoy that aspect of life. It's not that the kids need to be the best on their team, but I love that they are experiencing all the benifits of being on a team. (exercise, responsibility, team work, having fun, gaining confidence, etc...) And the nice thing about exposing your kids to different activities is that they can find the ones their good at and continue on in those, whether it be music, sports, dance, sewing, cooking, drama, whatever they choose. (even though Dave has high hopes for the sports route. =)
2 comments:
k, can I just tell you how cute and sweet Tyler is. I sit behind him in primary and he is just the best boy ever!! I bet he will be a good little soccer player. My parents made me wait until i was 5 and I played on a all boy team-it was the best time in my life, and well worth the wait! What a fun family you have.
What a cute Boy!!!! I think he will be a great player. Maybe the wait will make him even better! I can't wait to put Josh into soccer. Did you know they can play tackle football at 5....Just a thought...I love you...
Post a Comment