This week I am grateful for the Book of Mormon. It has been so nice studying this book in Sunday School each week. I am grateful for the truthfulness of this book, and the opportunity I have to teach my children the messages this book contains. We have been trying to be better about reading the Book of Mormon together as a family. With all the things going on in our lives, this is sometimes a challenge to do, but I know it is so important. As we read, it is so neat to see the kids get excited about a story they learned at church, or a scripture they'd heard before. I'm thankful we have this book in our times, to help give us guidance and teach us the fullness of the Gospel.I received the email going around about the challenge that is out there to honor our beloved prophet, Gordon B. Hinckley. The Hinckley challenge is for everyone to try and read the Book of Mormon in 97 days, the number of years he lived on this earth. I thought this was a great idea, and am planning on doing it myself. If you're interested in reading more about this challenge, click here. You can keep track of your progress, and it tells you how many pages you need to stay on track. The challenge starts tomorrow, so check it out!
6 comments:
What a great post! 97 days to read the B of M that might be kind of tricky but I'm game!
What a great challenge! It does sound tough, but I'm up for it as well.
I think i am in, too. life is always better when reading the B of M. Thanks for this post-I am excited!
The Book of Mormon is truly a blessing for us! We've made it a habit to read nightly with the family out of the Bof M. at first we used the Book of Mormon reader then we got each of the kids a hardback copy and have been reading with them. We might not break any records reading, but we do it and then start all over again. good luck with your goal, you won't be sorry! :)
I am on board too. What a great way to get motivated!
I'm in on the B of M challenge. Hope I can do it
Post a Comment