Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

Well, we've had a great weekend. Dave's sister Tami and her husband Bill came into town friday and it was fun to visit with them. We hung out at Grandma and Grandpa's over the weekend and spent lots of time visiting, swiming, and of course eating. Thanks for all the fun!! The kids always love going there. Who wouldn't love it when their grandparents have a basement created just for them, complete with pool table, regulation size shuffle board, a basketball arcade game, an air hockey table, and big screen TV. Not to mention all the fun toys there are to play with. Dave even went downstairs and found the box of pipes and connectors he used to play with as a kid. He looked in the instruction book and found out how to build this wheelchair. It was so cute. Kyle felt pretty cool being able to get around in this thing. We even got to take it home for a few days for him to use. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!!(And Uncle Mikey for letting us borrow your toy. :)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

No way!! That's TOO cute!!

Lori said...

I love the wheelchair! I bet he liked it, too. Hope things go well today at the orthopedic surgeon.
~Lori

Amy said...

I love the wheelchair! How creative! I hope he heals soon. I can't imagine how hard that is right now.

Tiffany said...

I love the new look of the blog Lori!!

I was raised in a barn said...

It's so sad he has to have that on his leg,but he does look so cute! He will really like the pictures when he gets older. I love the wheelchair!! I also love the new blog look :)

Mark and Karen said...

You beat me to it! I ment to comment on your blog yesterday but I kept getting interupted. As you could see, I already had you listed as my friend on my blog. I found you off of Crystal's site as well. It is great to see how you are doing. I can't believe you have five kids now. Has it really been that long?
-Karen

sara said...

check you out... your blogs all that and much more. I absolutely love the wheelchair, what great toys and so useful too!

Crystal said...

Nice blog revamp, Lori. Michael wishes he had a sweet ride like that when he broke his leg this year. Too bad I didn't think about pipes and connectors....maybe next time.

Nikki said...

Lori I love your new title photo. It makes me want to run right to San Clemente today!! It was sure fun to hear from you on my blog.
Keep in touch. Kerri Schow says "Hi"...I told her we talk through our blogs.

dnbwilkesfamily said...

What a sweet Ride...I wish I had one of those!!! Then Josh could push me around!!lol!! He looks so cute! I can't wait to see you all! I hope Kyle can walk soon. How long does he have to wear the cast for? Keep us updated!!

Roberta said...

the wheelchair is assom!! I can't beleve you made it!!! I hope his leg feels better soon!!!-Megan