Wednesday, November 14, 2007
How to make it to Heaven
I always enjoy reading posts from others about funny things their kids say, because let's face it, kids say the darndest things. Well, Tyler said the funniest thing I had to write about it. We were having family night Monday night, and Ashley was in charge of the lesson. (Dave helped her with it. :) She had done an object lesson on what we need to do in this life to get to Heaven. She put popped popcorn into a cylinder container and shoved a ping pong ball all the way to the bottom. She said the air at the top of the container represented Heaven, and that the ping pong ball was us. She had dad shake the container around in a circular motion, and we saw how the ping pong ball worked it's way up to the top. She said there were things we needed to do in this life so that we could "make our way to the top" and get to Heaven. She then asked us what those things were we needed to do. Tyler was so excited and raised his hand. She called on him, and he responded, "We could die." (I guess, especially for him, that is one way to go straight to Heaven.) We were laughing so hard, he was wondering what was so funny. He had been so sincere in his answer, it was cute!!!! We love you, Tyler!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am laughing out loud! I love the innocence. Hope your eye is okay. I loved watching your kids today, let me know if you need help again!
I love it!
I vote for translation over death :) Cute story, good thing your writing these down for posterity.
Way too cute! Kids are amazing aren't they?!
oh my gosh! ER was so good tonight! there's so much going on- it's SO good!!! i guess next week is a re-run? and then a new one! what's up with abby?? i hope they don't kill her off with an overdose :( do you think she's guna tell luca about sleeping with nasty???? anyway i'm acting like a little kid- i'm glad someone else can relate with me!
we are twins liking the same shows! abby needs HELP she freaked me out getting her baby and getting in the car like that.. i can't wait 2 weeks- what's showing next week??? i think jennnie will win the 'bachelorette' i love her! i wanna go see her at a suns game! she prob has more fans than the players! i'm a little confused on csi- my dvr only recorded the 1st hour last week so i didn't know why sarah was leaving but i loved that kiss she gave grissim! i don't see her going away just like that. amazing race- there's too many couples still for me to decide who's guna win but do you feel like the cute blonde couple is mormon??? i do! those freaks AND lesbians... i love love love this show!! well, another week of shows is soon upon us! we'll be chatting again- but prob see you at church tomorrow!
Okay, that is SO cute and funny!!! Good thing you recorded that one!
That is great! I miss the show kids say the darndest things with Bill cosby. I loved it. It was great to chat with you on Sunday!
Post a Comment