Saturday, November 10, 2007

Surprise Concert!







So, can you guess where we are? Last night I took Jessica and Ashley to the Hannah Montana concert. It was sold out for a long time, and we weren't planning to go, but then yesterday Dave's brother Jeff got online at Ticketmaster and tried to get tickets for fun. He got some!! I guess they released new tickets throughout the day. So Dave asked if I thought the girls would like to go, and I said "Of course!" (the girls love Hannah Montana, along with the rest of the tweens in the country...) So he tried to get some and they said "sold out". So he kept trying, and at 4:00 pm last night was able to get them. (no, we did not pay more than they were worth, we got them on ticketmaster :) I know some people went overboard and paid hundreds of dollars for tickets. CRAZY!!!) So, I told the girls I was taking them out for a girls night out, and didn't tell them where we were going. On our way there the girls kept singing the Hanah Montana song "Girls Night Out". (Little did they know they were about to hear that song in person!) When we got there, we were walking toward the arena, and there were all these girls in Hanah Montana shirts and some wearing wigs, and the girls started wondering why, so I think they started to get clued in. And then in the video clip below, I told them what we were doing.....


So, they were excited, and we went in for the show. We met up with their cousin Lexi and Dave's brother Jeff. It was fun to be there, singing along to all the songs. (I was actually quite amazed how many I knew. :) The Jonas Brothers were the opening act, and I enjoyed that. Those guys are pretty talented!! Then Miley took the stage, and the crowd went wild. It was fun to see the girls dancing and singing to all the songs. Her last song of the night was "Best of Both Worlds". Take a look......

It was a great night, and the girls had a lot of fun. I hadn't been to a concert since the U2 concert my freshman year in college, so it was fun. (Not quite as great as U2, but fun to see the kids enjoy it so much!!) I sure hope that Miley Cyrus can stay grounded and survive all this fame! She's a cute girl, and I wish her the best of luck. I told the girls to make sure they gave their dad a big hug and kiss and thank him for the fun night, because he made it all possible! (Way to go honey, the kids loved it!!! :)

13 comments:

Jenifer said...

Oh man, I hope Megan doesn't find out. I didn't even think to check about tickets after all the stories I heard. I'm glad you got to go!

Erin said...

What a fun Mom you are! I hope when Kate gets older she and I get to have special times like that.

I was raised in a barn said...

You are a fun Mom! I bet they will remember that one for a long time. You all look so cute! what a fun girls night out!

sara said...

love the picture of all of you...and don't tell Emma...she loves HANNAH montana!

Amy said...

What a fun night! It reminds me of my first concert when my parents took me and my sister to Tiffany!

Crystal said...

You are the BEST MOM EVER!!! Emma watched that clip with me and asked if we could go. What a great night!

Crystal said...

PS I love Miley!

Mark and Karen said...

What a special night!! What a great dad/husband!! That is so neat.

Nikki said...

Uhhh Ohh...I'm in trouble now. Ellerie heard that while I was watching your post and she came running in! We tried getting tickets about 3-4 weeks ago when she was here with NO LUCK!!! Sold out! She even did two shows here and still we couldn't get in! Tell your girls they are really super lucky! Looked sooo fun!

dan and ashley said...

how cute you guys are!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Oh my gosh!!! 1st of all I got chills when you said you got to go. I wanted to go!! Who knows if the girls wanted to but I sure did! JK they would have loved it. I tried to get tickets the very minute they became available online and they were sold out!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Shelly said...

That looked like so much fun. You are such a great mom. What a great idea for a girls night out!!

Amber said...

Lucky ducks!! I'm glad that thay had fun!!!

Love, Megan and Amber sherman