This week I'm thankful for Family Dinners. Sunday night we went to a Worldwide Leadership broadcast at the church, and they talked about the importance of having family dinners together. Growing up, my dad always worked till 7 or 8 at night, so we often had family dinner without him. But every Sunday my mom always made a nice Sunday dinner and made sure we had that one meal together. I have some great memories of Sunday dinners. Some of those memories include when I'd hide under the table when meatloaf was served, or when my brother tied string to some food and pretended it was moving like in the movie "Better off Dead". So now I love being able to eat dinner together as a family. It's not always easy to get everyone to the table, but once we are there, it is so worth it. I hope as we continue to be busy with our everyday life, we'll always find ways to have that meal together!!!
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
52 Blessings #6
This week I'm thankful for Family Dinners. Sunday night we went to a Worldwide Leadership broadcast at the church, and they talked about the importance of having family dinners together. Growing up, my dad always worked till 7 or 8 at night, so we often had family dinner without him. But every Sunday my mom always made a nice Sunday dinner and made sure we had that one meal together. I have some great memories of Sunday dinners. Some of those memories include when I'd hide under the table when meatloaf was served, or when my brother tied string to some food and pretended it was moving like in the movie "Better off Dead". So now I love being able to eat dinner together as a family. It's not always easy to get everyone to the table, but once we are there, it is so worth it. I hope as we continue to be busy with our everyday life, we'll always find ways to have that meal together!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Cute story! I've never had meatloaf, can you believe it? Family dinners is so basic, yet it seems so rare. I love eating together too!
How funny your brother tied string to the food to make it move. What a "creative" brother.
amen to that! i'm not into survivor never have been- maybe i should try it! since that's the only thing on!! and i hate to read- so i'm screwed luckily i have american idol!! and rob and big! do you and dave ever watch that?!
i hate cooking family dinners...but i love having family dinners
It's nice to make dinner on sunday a little special. I need to work on that more, with church out at 3pm its always a debate to just eat a quick lunch and have a simple dinner or wait and have a big dinner. I guess I should pull out the crockpot more often.
Post a Comment