Saturday, February 2, 2008

FBR Open and a Bike Ride

Thank goodness for Saturdays.  It's so nice to be able to play and do fun things.  Today Dave took Tyler to the FBR Open in Scottsdale.  He went with his college buddy Jeremie and his son Tanner who came out from California for it.  It's getting to be a tradition for them every year, and they have a great time.  Tyler sure loves to spend time with his dad, and Dave loves having a son who likes to go.  (It doesn't hurt that they get VIP suite tickets with all the food you want, including ice cream!)  

This year was especially fun because Tyler and Tanner got some autographs.  If you look closely you can see Tyler is wearing a white glove.  He was waiting to get an autograph from Steve Elkington, and Steve ended up pulling out his glove he was golfing with today and took it out and said "What's your name?"  Tyler told him, in his quiet, shy voice.  Steve asked him how he spelled it, so Tyler spelled his name out for him, while he wrote it on his glove.  He added a "To:" in front of it and then signed his name and gave it to Tyler.  Tyler was so excited, and knew it was a special gift he had gotten from him, and one he'd treasure for a long time.  It was so cool of the guy to do.  Dave said he is a cool guy and all the sports interviewers on ESPN love to interview him cuz he's such a good guy.  I'm thankful there are nice sports heros out there that are good to their fans.  (Don't worry if you'd never heard of him, I hadn't either...:) They also got an autograph from they guy below.  Do you recognize him????
If you guessed Phil Mickelson, you're right.  There's Tyler in the blue baseball cap, waiting to get his autograph, and he did.  The guys had a great time.
Here's Tyler and Tanner watching the tournament from the 16th hole.  

While the boys were at the golf tournament, I decided to take the kids on a bike ride.  I had Kyle and Kelsey in the bike trailer, Ashley on her bike, and Jessica and her friend Angel put on their rollerblades and hung on the back of the bike trailer.  We decided to bike to Water and Ice for some ice cream.  Kyle and Kelsey ended up falling asleep in the trailer on the way home.  It was so funny because Kyle had fallen asleep on Kelsey, and it looked so cute I had to get a picture when we got home.

I was worried Kyle would be too heavy leaning up against Kelsey, but as you can see she didn't seem to mind, and kept sleeping away.  It was so cute to see.  
So, as you can see, we had a good day.  Jeremie and Tanner are here for the night, then headed back in the morning.  We're glad they were able to come, and hope they come back again soon, and bring the rest of the family.  We love their family and are thankful we've been able to keep in touch with them.  They are the type of friends you have for a lifetime, and even when you don't see them for a while, when you do it's like nothing has changed.  

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

So fun! Nate was telling me today that we need to plan on the FBR next year. I guess the 16th hole is the place to be. How nice that the athletes were great to Tyler. I love to hear stories like that.

Erin said...

What a fun memory for Tyler to have with his Dad. How neat for Tyler to get an autographed glove, it is nice to hear that the athletes took the time to notice a little boy and make his day.

Amy said...

What a fun day for the whole family.

Amy said...

That is so awesome for Dave and Tyler. I'm sure Tyler will remember that forever! Kennedy still talks about her friend Tyler from Arizona

I was raised in a barn said...

I am so jealous! i am such a golf nut. Love to play love to watch! What a great time and great pictures!